THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Friday 17 August 2012

Plateau ice caps, Greenland


Another amazing image from Greenland -- at first sight, I thought this picture was a bit spooky, and even threatening -- made me think of triffids or strange white snow monsters extending their icy tentacles down from the freezing heights.  But fear not -- these plateau ice caps and their little outlet glaciers are really quite harmless.......

You should be able to click on the photo and pick up some incredible detail on the glaciers, the fjords and the ice caps themselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Brian
Could you tell me the source for this photo?

cheers
biblob

BRIAN JOHN said...

I think it was here:
http://www.hiren.info/desktop-wallpapers/natural-pictures/greenland-glaciers
happy to acknowledge that -- I think it is a site on which people can share their best images. You can get this one at very high resolution.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brian