THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Friday 18 August 2017

Horrid Happenings at Rhosyfelin


This is from the Oriel y Parc Facebook page, advertising a storytelling session which I have promised for them next week.  Goodness knows why they chose this pic of me at the Old Ruin.  Nothing to do with me.  That got me thinking.  Since I am supposed to be telling terrible tales and horrible histories and fantastical fables, I need the advice of experts.

Tell me, should I tell the terrible tale of the hairy monster who comes out of the dark woods to dig deep holes in the ground at Rhosyfelin, every year at the time of the harvest moon?  The kids could probably cope with it, but would it all be too scary for adults of a sensitive disposition?

5 comments:

TonyH said...

Shame they chose the photograph of you from that angle. Not a bluestone in sight!! Pathetic orthostatic choreography from Oriel y Parc.

Surely you could have lent them one of you posing,Vlad Putin - style, lounging around wearing nothing but a horseshoe? But, on second thought, probably not a good idea since this is a storytelling spot for children pre - watershed.

BRIAN JOHN said...

Myris thinks I should sue the One Show for taking that photo and Oriel y Parc for using it -- on the basis that it makes me look as if I am 85 years old, at least....... Well, that frazzled look is all because they ran about 3 hours late on the filming -- I was fed up to the teeth, and had planned to call in at Salisbury Museum with my cousin to take a look at the Boles Barrow Bluestone boulder. I missed my appointment and never did get to examine the boulder. I was, in short, not amused....... and never have forgiven that large Irish chap with a walrus moustache who does little reports for the show.

TonyH said...

Richard Strawbridge M.B.E. "Often referred to as Colonel Dick" (a Wikipedia accuracy?). Also pops up on "Coast". Not sure whether he frequents high cliffs.

TonyH said...

How did you get on at St Davids, then? Sell any books?

BRIAN JOHN said...

No, I wasn't in bookselling mode -- but we had a full house, and the kids seemed to enjoy the stories. It's great telling tales to small children -- they get so INVOLVED! Of course, I had my magic hat on for the occasion......